Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Golf GPS and Rangefinder: How important are they to your Game?

Golf GPSs and rangefinders are a growing and popular technology. They are becoming much more accessible through smartphones. The GPS's smartphone market is becoming much more popular due to the affordability of the apps ($5 vs $300).

I even have a GPS and stat tracker app on my phone, but I only use the stat tracker because I find the GPS feature a bit of a hassle. I have considered buying a real one, but didn't think I would really use it. I know that there are a lot of people out there who really feel the need to get everything perfectly precise, but I might be better at eyeballing the distance some people.

I do know a lot of people that fully use and rely on a golf GPS, and who won't go to the course without it. I am not that type of person. I couldn't see myself pulling out my golf GPS, taking a while to find the exact distance, but then missing just a tad long, or just a tad to the left. My shots are usually accurate, but I know I am not accurate enough to get it within inches of the pin each time. The distances marked on posts on the fairway are enough for me. Vote in the poll on the right hand side of the page to tell me what you think.

4 comments:

  1. i just happened to play a round with a guy that had a range finder. i've never considered one before...but seeing one in action was cool. it literally gave distance estimate in 2-3 seconds. i easily spend 10-15 maybe 20 seconds trying to eye-ball distances (i am terrible at estimating on my own). anyhow, i suppose if you are on a 'cart path only' round...not sure i'd want a full-bodied range finder in my hands while i walk to the ball then need to lay it on the ground each time. but, i think they are a bona fide way to reduce distance estimation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rangefinder is so important when playing a golf because it helps you to view the proper angle of a certain terrain. I remember my wife gave me a rangefinder last Christmas but I’ve lost it during the summer competition and I need to buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt extremely cheerful while perusing this site. This was truly extremely educational site for me.
    best golf rangefinder

    ReplyDelete
  4. golf rangefinder of golf gps are most inmportant in courses.bushnell in best by gps
    lumen sports@golf gps reviews 2020 see reviews

    ReplyDelete