Monday, June 4, 2012

Golf Club Review: Cobra Trusty Rusty Wedge

The Cobra Trusty Rusty wedges are back this season, and since there has been a lot of buzz around them, I decided to demo one. I need a lob wedge, so I tested out the 59 degree black Trusty Rusty Wedge. I played with it for 18 holes, and when struck well, the feel was probably the best of any wedge I have ever tried. This wedge features a Tri-Bounce sole. On any other low bounce wedge, the average golfer wouldn't be able to hit it well, and they would cut into the ground easily. When I was first hitting this club, I was doing just that, and took a little bit bigger divots than I wanted. It took me a little bit to get used to the club, which is understandable if you have never hit a club before. By the 10th hole, I was hitting the club beautifully and very accurately. The Trusty Rusty wedge had great spin and was very versatile due to the Tri-Bounce sole. It hit well with the face wide open, and I had great results chipping. My only problem with it was that I underestimated how far I could hit it. A few times on full shots I would hit the back of, or behind the green. The wedge also hit well out of the sand. The new Cobra wedges are very aesthetically pleasing. They have a traditional style, but there is a bit of a modern touch to them. The only thing that is keeping me from ditching my Cleveland wedges in a heartbeat for the Rusty's is the price. If you are looking for a great all around performance wedge, which has great spin and great versatility, then the Cobra Trusty wedges are for you. I plan on getting the 51, 55, and 59 degree wedges sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment